With more and more cities allowing rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft, here are some tips you should know before signing up and riding with these services.
To sign up for one of these services, you simply download the App to your phone, enter your personal information and you are ready to ride.
Click here to join UBER
Click here to join Lyft
- Confirm Your Driver And Car Before Getting In. Once you have selected a ride, the app will give you the car make, licence plate, and driver name. Make sure that the driver confirms the passenger name before getting into the car to avoid being scammed.
- Give Feedback. This is an important part of rideshare safety for both the drivers and passengers. At the end of each trip, rate your driver and leave feedback so you can keep good drivers on the road. Drivers also give customers ratings so it’s important to be a courteous passenger to ensure you get picked up for your next destination.
- Share Your Trip With Someone Else. Both Uber and Lyft have the ability to allow you to share your trip via GPS. To do this hit “Share My ETA” option directly through the service app.
- Beware of GPS obstructions. This one has caught us out. Buildings (especially in cities) can affect your devices ability to pick up an accurate GPS location. When you order a ride make sure your GPS location is correct. Also be aware that the drivers GPS might be affected. We once got a lower than usual score because the driver was in the wrong location, but we were. Of course, you can dispute inaccurate scores, but ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Schedule Your Ride In Advance. If you know you need to be somewhere at a specific time or early in the morning, like the airport, you have the ability to schedule a ride anywhere from 30 mins to 30 days in advance. This will ensure you get to your destination on time.
- Don’t leave things behind! But If you do. If you accidentally leave something in the car, contact the driver immediately, If you can not reach them then contact the rideshare provider and complete a report via their process. Don’t panic, most items are returned very quickly. But remember, the basic rule of all travel is to check your personal items repeatedly. We always check our important documents (passports visa etc) when we exit any transport. We also do a pocket check and then look over the transport vehicle one last time before we exit it. It is very easy for something to fall out of your pockets as you exit a vehicle and it is worth a backwards glance as you shut the door.
What tips do you have? Leave them in the comments below!
Want more tips for vacations with automobiles visit this page