Adelaide, Australia (3 Days)
Even though this is your Friends hometown, there is nothing better than being a tourist at expat home. No matter how many days you get to spend in this beautiful city, there is no shortage of things to see and do.
Adelaide Day 1:
City Highlights. The city has a free tram that runs through the city perimeter, so use this to get around quick and easy
- Victoria Square and the Adelaide Central Markets. Walk through the hustle and bustle of our farmers market and sample some fresh produce
- Rundle Mall and Rundle Street. The main shopping strip in the city, this outdoor mall has all the major department stores and brands. End your shopping trip with lunch on Rundle Street. With every cuisine you can think of, the hardest thing for lunch is choosing what you want.
Four Friends favourite places to eat and drink: Belgium Beer Café, Amalfi Pizzera, The Exeter Hotel, The Austral Hotel
- The Art Gallery of South Australia and South Australia Museum
- End your afternoon with drinks and stunning views at 2KW Bar and Restaurant
Adelaide Day 2:
Visit the stunning beaches that Australia is known for and spend the day at Glenelg.
- Stroll along the jetty
- Take a swim in St. Vincents Gulf
- Enjoy lunch at Holdfast Shore Marina
Adelaide Day 3 (Wino day trip):
South Australia Day Trip Options:
Explore the Barossa Valley.
If you love wine, this is a must when visiting Adelaide. A 1 hour drive North of Adelaide, you can easily do a day trip or extend your tip and stay the night. With more than 50 wineries n the region, you will definitely find your favourite drop.
Four Friends Favourite Cellar Doors:
- Henschke Wines
- Jacobs Creek
- Peter Lehmann
Explore the McLaren Vale Wineries
40 minutes South of Adelaide will land you in another superb wine region. Like the Barossa, the wine region has some of the best wines the country has to offer. Known for it’s dry red wines make sure you add these cellar doors to your list:
- Chapel Hill
- Wirra Wirra