Uganda, Africa (3 Days)
While Uganda is most famous for it’s rare Mountain Gorillas, there are many more activities that this beautiful country offers.
Read out travel diary here
Uganda Day 1:
Fly to Kihihi from Entebbe International Airport, and be welcomed by your tour guide who will drive you on the 1 hour journey to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Depending on the time you arrive, spend your afternoon exploring the lodge grounds and take in the breathtaking mountain views.
Uganda Day 2:
Gorilla Trekking in the Bwindi Forest
The trekking can take all day to reach the mountain gorillas. If you happen to finish your trek early, take advantage of the lodge masseuse.
Uganda Day 3:
There are many activities to do on your final day including:
- Self guided river walk through Bwindi lodge
- Local village visit to meet the community and do some shopping
- Visit the Bwindi Community Hospital and learn about how they deliver the vital medical and heath support to 60,000 locals,
- Take a tour of a local tea processing plant and sample some delicious green and black tea
- Visit the Batwa Pygmies and learn about the native tribal inhabitants of the forest.
- Visit a Banana brewery and learn how to make banana beer and banana gin